Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

The Magic of going into our Feelings

After my last post I was thinking 'finally, now I know how to stay in a great state!' Funny how life never seems to unfold like we think it will.

I woke up two days ago feeling very flat, totally uninspired and with no desire to do anything. Nothing I did seemed to alter how I felt. Not even baking something yummy, which usually works to uplift and inspire me.

This feeling was very familiar to me and I did not like it one bit. There was no reason I could think of why I would feel this way.

I couldn't get out of this state no matter how hard I tried so I just grabbed my computer and started writing. Normally, I have a strong idea of what I want to communicate, feel compelled to write and go from there. This time there was nothing in my mind at all.

I was really surprised what my fingers were typing. The answer was right there in front of me. Funny enough, I had this insight years ago but had totally forgotten it.

This is what I wrote:

When we allow ourselves to go to the depth of how we feel with no resistance, even if it makes us extremely uncomfortable, we end up going through a gateway. By fully allowing this quiet, deep, inward experience to happen we go through the entire feeling. At the other side of this gateway we feel completely different. We are left with a new perspective, wisdom and insight.

As I was writing this my mood suddenly lifted and bliss and excitement returned. I felt really alive again. I don't understand why I had this experience but am very happy that it enabled me to remember this again.

So often we want to pick and choose how we feel at any given moment as if we are choosing what clothes we want to wear. Life just isn't like that!

I had to remember that all feelings are important and potential gateways. They are there to guide and steer us in the direction we are meant to go. Feelings are the language of our soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment